Thursday, July 24, 2008

I surrendered

I got off work early today (a bit slow at work), and was home by about 5:30. But dinner-with-antibiotics for Sam was scheduled for 8:30.

There's no way I was enduring the evil eye from two dogs for three hours. And I didn't want to delay my own dinner that late. And--eating dinner in front of two starving dogs? Not even a consideration.

So I had dinner at 6, and the dogs had 2/3s of what they normally would have had for dinner. And at 8:30, they had the same amount again--with pills, this time. That puts them up about half a cup of kibble for the day. They'll survive.

And things are much pleasanter around here when starving hounds have been fed.

I'm off work tomorrow. I have no idea when I'm going to feed the dogs, but I think I need to shift the schedule a bit later so that Saturday's schedule won't be so out of whack. I get up at 10:30 on Saturday, work 12:30-9, and won't get home much before 10 pm, when Sam gets his last pill. I don't want to have to get up early on Saturday to give Sam a pill on schedule, but I don't want him a couple of hours late for the last pill, either. (It probably doesn't matter how close to "every 12 hours" he gets his pill as long as he gets it with food, but I'm a bit OCD. Humor me on this.) So on Friday I'll shift his morning pill a bit later (which means I can sleep later), then shift his evening pill even later. But I'll have to hold out for 12 hours tomorrow under reproachful stares.

I can do it. I'll show them who's boss.

Or maybe I'll go shopping around dinner time...

No comments: