Saturday, January 17, 2009

Playing catch-up

I need to catch up on some craft stuff.

My sister was at a craft fair and bought me two balls of this:

Red Heart Tiki Peach 1

She didn't see anything she wanted for herself, she wanted to buy something to benefit the fair's hosts, so she said, "Yarn! Kathy!"--even though it's a strange "yarn" to work with. I paired the Tiki with Bernat Satin yarn in pale yellow and made a scarf for my sister's mother-in-law for Christmas:

DSC01199

It measured 62" x 5", and the Tiki made an interesting texture:

DSC01201


I used the same stitch pattern--but a more conventional yarn--to make a scarf for my sister (6" x 66"). This is a hand-dyed yarn that I had a hard time finding a workable pattern for; the yarn just worked up in such a busy-looking batch of colors (nice colors, but busy) that I tried half-a-dozen patterns before I found one where the yarn and the stitches weren't absolutely at war with each other.

DSC01259

DSC01258


Currently, I'm working on a BSJ in sage-green cotton yarn and on a coin-lace clapotis in Kraemer Sterling Silk & Silver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scarves look great. Glad to see you found a pattern for that yarn. :)

Life With Dogs said...

Those are beautiful! I think Nigel wants a snood in that color ;)