Sunday, May 27, 2007

Blocking doilies

The doily is finished--everything except the blocking. The blocking (and photographs) will wait until the arrival of this. When you make something that needs to block to a specific shape--round or square--a grid is essential. I was trying to figure out how I could draw a grid that would be safely waterproof when a post to the Flickr knitting group sent me racing to the Joann's site to order a blocking board. I ordered the 18" x 24" size, which should cover any doily I ever want to make. (For larger items, I can block in sections.)

Sam normally sleeps on the sofa next to me when I'm watching television (and playing on the computer or working on crocheting). Sam has blissfully slept through all sorts of programs. But last night I watched King Kong (on TCM) and the first part of Mighty Joe Young. Between the women screaming and the animals roaring, Sam decided he'd had enough, and he moved to the quieter dining room. As soon as I turned off the movie (went back to a Harry Potter movie), Sam came back to the sofa to sleep.

Sam: the film critic.

No comments: