Friday, May 18, 2018

I'm back

I haven't posted in ages. I'm going to pretend I have and not spend a lot of time playing catch-up. But I'll do a current status: I'm 65. I'm still working. I have two black greyhounds--Q is 5, Jane is 9 (10 in a few weeks). There.

Having dental issues. Three weeks ago, I broke a cap off an upper front tooth. Fixing it will require a complete core/buildup/crown. The other front tooth has a crack and cavities; with the crack, it's not safe to drill, so that'll be a crown. I'm missing two teeth on the upper right, but creating a bridge there would require two more crowns (so the bridge would have "abutments"). And there are other cavities. But I have dental insurance that looks like it's good, so I'm hoping implants will become affordable--or, at least, not a whole lot more than 4 new crowns plus a bridge plus fillings. It depends on how much the insurance will pay. I go in on 31 May for a consultation with the implant guy and the regular dentist. Meanwhile, I cut my cheese sandwich into little bites so I don't pop the crown off its temporary cement cushion by an ill-judged bite.

Today is my elder nephew's birthday. Tomorrow would be the birthdays of Jacey (2003) and Silver (2005).

Waiting on work files from a co-worker who's having computer problems on top of her bronchitis. We had files that were supposed to go live today. It's not happening. I'm just hoping we can get them up Sunday night...before everyone shows up on Monday, yelling "Where are my files?"

I'll be up at 4 to watch the royal wedding, but I leave about 7:30 or so for the Marietta Farmer's Market Meet and Greet. There's rain in the forecast, which would keep the temperature low enough for Jane; but she's thunderphobic, and I'm not sure she should be doing an outdoor meet and greet during a storm. I'll have to check the forecast before we leave. M&G ends at noon: I'll bring the dogs home, go by Zaxby's and pick up a big combo plate, and go to my Mother's to check on her (I'm mother-sitting while my sister and her husband are on vacation) and see if she'll split the food with me. (I may leave her some for dinner.) I'm setting the VCR to record the wedding, and I can catch up later.

I'm reading Emergence--#19 in C.J. Cherryh's Foreigner series. This catches me up (#20 is due out in January), and I've read the entire series since late March. It's been fun. Next up: Jake Tapper's Hellfire Club.

No comments: