Friday, May 25, 2018

Friday

So...the work project. 23 role-based training plans. I added up the number of topics: 465. Plus tests. If we work weekends and the holiday (that's 13.5 days--this is due by noon on the 6th), we'll need to do 34 topics a day to be finished on June 6. After yesterday's work (a little of this around my other work) and today's 6 hours, I've finished 12 topics in about 9 hours. One topic took 2 hours and 41 minutes; it's got several videos in it, and one video ran 49 minutes.

The likelihood that we'll be done by June 6 is very tiny, but I'll work all the hours I can stand. And I'll work lots of hours on Monday. I think that's automatically time-and-a-half for the holiday. (Or they'll pay me straight time for the hours I work and another 8 hours for the holiday itself.) Something financially useful will happen. (And if I work more than 16 hours between Saturday and Sunday, there'll be overtime this week.)

Of course, the next clue in the MKAL arrived today. But some people finished the clue in one day, so I think it won't take too long to do--even if I am doing it twice.

Greyhound meet and greet tomorrow morning with Jane and Q. 80% chance of rain, and maybe thunderstorms. (There's a tropical wannabe-storm in the Gulf. We've got flash flood warnings.) Then home, settle the dogs, pick up Zaxby's again, and go to Mother. Get her pills set for next week, pick out her clothes for church on Sunday, then home and start working. Then take her to church Sunday morning. (I can take my tablet; I think the wifi there is good enough for me to work.) Bob and Iris's plane is due in about 12:30 Sunday, so Sunday morning finishes the Mother-sitting.


Q is looking the way I feel, these days.

No comments: