Friday, June 10, 2011

Green Apple Lace

Composite

I've finished the Summer Mystery Shawl KAL pattern from Wendy D. Johnson.

My changes: used US8 for the lace cast-on, used US6 for the shawl body, which has one extra 48-stitch repeat. The blocked size is 50" x 25" (127cm x 63.5 cm). The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll, in Granny Smith. It's a small shawl, or a nice-sized triangular scarf. It's being offered for auction to raise funds for GPA/Tallahassee, the greyhound rescue group that functions out of Jefferson County Kennel Club, where Jacey used to race.

(But Sam's the greyhound in the photo. Jacey's coat is too busy to be the backdrop to a lace shawl.)

I finished the knitting on 8 June 2011. The auction runs June 12-20. The auction site is here.

5 comments:

Hiking Hounds said...

That is really pretty, it kind of looks like butterfly wings.

fleegle said...

It's lovely!

I live in Clevland, is that where your mother lives? Come visit sometime!

KF-in-Georgia said...

She's at Sautee-Nacoochee.

Hiking Hounds said...

I just got your message and wanted to say how sorry I am that you lost Jacey! I checked on GreyTalk and saw your posts when she was sick. I'm really sorry I missed them, I haven't been visiting Greytalk regularly lately. It's so hard to loose them so suddenly. It seems so unfair and it's so hard to see them so sick at the hospital. You did everything you could for her. She knows how much you love her and she loves you as much. I also saw your rememberance. What a beautiful girl she was, such a sweet face.

I also wanted to thank you for sending me to the Greytalk post months ago about the greyhound that was seizing, etc. After I left a message about Zephyr there the woman with Sara, who also had encephalitis, left a message. That's how I found her and later I contacted her. It helped a lot to talk with her. They are the only ones I've found who've gone through it. I wouldn't have found her if it weren't for you. I feel so fortunate that Zephyr is still with me. Thanks for thinking of us, it really helps.

I hope that you and Sam are doing well, although I'm sure it's very hard. I like to think that they are always with us and taking care of us. I'll be thinking of you, Jacey, and Sam and will be sending lots of love.

Hiking Hounds said...

That's so great that you adopted Silver. It looks like she and Sam have hit it off great. I bet he likes having another bossy sister. :-) Occasionally I still call my cats the names of cats that past away years ago.